Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day/Our Weekend

Happy Valentine's Day!
 
Friday, Grant and I spent a pretty low key Valentine's Day at our new house!  We just started sleeping there this week, so we were still pretty excited to be staying there on Valentine's.  As soon as Grant got home from his rotation, he cooked us one of his specialties, Chicken Marsala.  Yummy!  I made a Oreo cheesecake dessert.  It wasn't my best dessert I've ever made, but it was my first attempt at cheesecake so I gave myself a pass! Bad blogger moment - I didn't take any pictures on Valentine's Day...whoops!  Anyways, Grant got me some socks I had been wanting, some chocolate, and the biggest Valentine's Day card you have ever seen.  It was hysterical!  I got him some filters for his K-Cup machine that let you use regular coffee (not just the kcups) and some candy.  After our dinner, we finished the night by sealing our tile for the second time!  Fun times :)
 
 
Saturday morning, we slept in for a little bit, and then got ready to go drop some big bucks!  Our two last big purchases for the house that we needed were the washer and dryer and a kitchen table.  My mom and grandparents volunteered to help us with the table, chairs, and buffet piece.  Thank you!! We have definitely been blessed with some great help during this process.  We headed to Faegan's Furniture to look through their books and get one ordered.  I finally decided on the one below.  LOVE it and can't wait for it to come in.  We got the table and six chairs (not the bench) and the matching hutch.  I think it's going to look just perfect in our dining/kitchen area!
 

After we finished furniture shopping, we headed to Paducah to look at washers and dryers.  Tucker went with us most of the day and got to see how much fun it is to own your own home...lol!  If you know anything about Grant, you know how cheap he is, so it was quite the experience to shop for major purchases with him.  Tucker and I were so embarrassed at one point, we had to just walk away!!  However, we did get a good deal on a great washer and dryer.  They are getting delivered in a week!  I've never been more excited to do laundry!
 
Tucker's modeling our new dryer for us :)
 
Saturday night, we went to Trent and Lisa's to eat pizza and watch the Cats lose to Florida...ugh!  Then Sunday, we got home from church and worked around the house before heading to Kip and Blair's to play with baby Lovett.  I was able to bring in a few things from the garage to put on our counter tops.  It's actually starting to feel and look like our house now.  Sneak peak into the decor are these very special framed recipe cards from my grandmother.  My grandmother has always been a great cook, so I thought it would be neat for her to write down a couple of her favorite recipes and frame them for our kitchen!  I think it turned out great!
 
 
It was so nice to actually have some time to enjoy this weekend!  It feels like we haven't been able to interact with normal people in forever! Ha!  We are hoping to finish up a couple more things this week while we are STILL waiting on the hardwood...



No comments:

Post a Comment