Saturday, June 21, 2014

Florida...Again :)

Grant and I just got back from another week in Florida with my aunt and twin cousins!  It was literally spur of the moment (as in we found out we were going on Friday and left Saturday!)  My grandparents were supposed to go with them instead, but my grandmother hasn't been feeling well and couldn't make the trip.  So, Grant and I gladly stood in for them :)  Everyone keeps wondering how I manage to go to Florida so many times.  I keep telling them I can't help it that my grandparent's have a house there and everyone wants ME to go! haha  I will admit we are spoiled :)
 
We left on Saturday and made it to Destin around 7 that night after hitting a little bit of traffic.  We grabbed dinner at a Mexican restaurant, went and dropped off our luggage at the house, and then headed to the grocery to get ready for the week!  Sunday we went to church and then headed straight to the beach!  The weather was perfect and a great start to the week!  That night we went and ate at McGuire's Irish Pub.  Yummy!
 
 Jenna, Me, and Allie.  People thought I was there older sister all week...Oh yeah!  Only 10 years older!
 
Grant and I outside of McGuire's.
 
Monday was more time at the beach!  We stayed late this day and cooked crab and shrimp at home that night.
 
Unfortunately, Grant drove the golf cart over to the beach that day and my grandfather had let the tags expire...boo!  Of course we would get a $100 ticket!!!
 
Every Tuesday night the little community by my Grandparent's house has fireworks.  We ate dinner at a fabulous pizza place and then watched the fireworks!  So much fun!
 
Janet and I
 
Wednesday was a little rainy in the morning, so all the girls went and got our nails done!  We did some shopping and ate at Cheeseburger and Paradise that night.  We were all a little crispy, so it was kind of nice to have a day off from the sun.
 
 More time at the beach on Thursday!
 
 Ahhhh.....
 
 Thursday night we went to our favorite restaurant the Red Bar!  Janet and the girls had never been before, so we were excited to get to take them!
 
Love these twins!
 
Friday we cooked at home again, packed up, and got ready to get up early and head back home.  It was a great week with my family and lots of memories made!
 
We got home, did some laundry, and packed up again because the next week we headed to Lipscomb for IMPACT! Whoo hoo!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment