Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend!

Happy Spring Break/Easter/Tater Day! 

Grant and I decided last minute that we would head back to Kentucky for the Easter weekend.  With it being Spring Break this coming week, my grandparents and a good chunk of Grant's family were all out of town, soaking up the sun, so we decided it was a good weekend to go back home and visit with friends!

Friday night when we got into town we met up to eat with one of our favorite couples to hang out with, Tyler and Megan Moss!  There's not much choice when it comes to restaurants in Benton, so when in doubt...Mexican it is!  We caught up during dinner then headed back to their house so the boys could watch the NCAA basketball games.  Like I said in a previous post, if you know me at all you know how much I love ice cream, and really anything with sugar, so Megan and I headed to Wal-Mart to find some goodies to bring back home for dessert.  I think we did a pretty good job...

What? We didn't go overboard!
This weekend also happened to be Tater Day weekend in Benton.  Tater Day brings out the best characters the area has to offer, along with everything fried you can think of, and every type of cheap item ever made in China.  I have a glorious assortment of tater day photos on my phone that are too disturbing to post on my blog.  See me if you're curious...they'll make you feel better about yourself!  Megan and I came across these t-shirts at Wal-Mart and had to have them. $7 - you can't beat that for a quality Tater Day shirt :)
Fun times at the Moss household!
Saturday night we had plans to go over to the Parker house for some snacks, games, and visiting.  We have been close friends with the Parker family for about five years now, and they provide us with some great free entertainment!  Definitely our favorite family to hang out with!  Several other friends that we hadn't seen in awhile also came over, so we had a great time catching up with everyone and once again, ate way to many sweets.  The boys decided it was necessary to play a game of poker...


Finally, we made it to Easter Sunday!  I am so thankful that we had such great friends and family to celebrate this special day with.  We started off the day at our church, then hopped (see what I did there) over to Grant's brother's church for a second service.  We were really celebrating this Easter! :)  After services, we headed over to Grant's grandparents house for some Chili, hot-dogs, strawberry shortcakes, and basketball.  Every year Grant's mom likes to take an Easter picture, but since she is at Disney World, we had to take our own to send to her.  Yes, I know my jacket is bright, looks like a traffic director, etc, etc...

 

We had a fun/busy weekend of celebrating the Resurrection with friends and family.  In the spirit of some of Grant's family being in Disney, here is a picture of me the last time I was there...excuse the bangs, glasses, visor, and all around outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment