Monday, April 8, 2013

Finally Spring!

YAY for warmer weather!  This weekend it finally started to warm up enough so I could bust out some bright colors, Capri's, and sandals!  It all looks terrible on me because my skin is so pale, but the bright colors made me happy, happy, happy! 

Saturday we slept in, got ready, and headed over to Opry Mills to do a little shopping.  Never again will we go on a Saturday, during the middle of the day.  The traffic was terrible and the deals were not that great!  I came away with only two sports bras from Under Armour.  Yes, that's it!  Saturday night we watched the NCAA games, met some family at Chick-fil-a as they were passing through coming home from spring break, and then spent the rest of the night relaxing!  Wild Saturday night at the Mathis household :)

Sunday after church my friend from work, Lori, invited us to go to Radnor Lake and get some fresh air and exercise.  I can't believe we had never been in the three years we have lived in Nashville. It was so much fun and a GREAT workout!  My butt and thighs are feeling it today!  We did about a 6 mile hike.  It felt great to get some sun on my skin and burn some major calories.
Grant before we started by the Lake
There's me!
Grant thought it would be funny to take a picture of my extremely white legs...no lusting, please :)  Since he's been in pharmacy school he has learned all kinds of annoying information about tanning beds and spray tans, so I am now banned from any type of sun beside the real stuff!  BOO!

We spotted about eight baby deer! Aww...
 
Lori and I at the top of the mountain/ridge.
 
 
Definitely a great weekend in Nashville!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment