Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Recap!

This week I'm starting the weekend recap on Thursday night!  Lots of crazy things have been going on at work lately from the company selling, three audits this year, tax time, etc, etc.  Everything has begun to start to slow down, so my co-workers decided we needed to treat ourselves!  We all went to eat a place called Drake's in Cool Springs after work on Thursday and had a blast!  Luckily, I actually like hanging out with my work peeps after working hours, which I know is not the case for everyone.  We all get along great, and just spent a couple of hours eating, relaxing, and celebrating the fact that we all get our lives back :) 

Lori, Me, Jenny, & Anna
Friday, I left work at 2 to head the dentist.  Worst. Experience. Ever!!  I now remember why I haven't gotten a cavity filled in the last four years.  I had six cavities filled, and it was painful.  I sat with my mouth open for 3 hours! 

My cousin from California, Geoff, was in town for a visit, so we planned to meet up with him for dinner at Maggiano's that night.  I was hoping I would be back to 100%, but I was still numb until about halfway through dinner!  Once the numbness wore off, I was wishing that I was numb again...so sore!  But, besides the tooth aches, we had a great time catching up with Geoff and it was great to see him since it had been about 10 years since our last visit.
Geoff and I after dinner
Saturday the weather was gorgeous!  Gabbi had a couple of soccer games in Nashville, so we slept in and then headed out to the soccer fields to support our favorite Puma!  (Gabbi's soccer team is called the Puma's)  Like I have mentioned before, my skin is so pale right now it's frightening, so I was excited to get outdoors and get a little sun...Anndddd I ended up getting quite a bit of sun...and a pretty impressive farmer's tan...

Whoopsies :)
 

After the game we ran to Academy Sports with the Lovett's - you can't take them anywhere...
Gabbi is trying out the dog beds. haha!
 
And Grant saw the most beautiful sight...
110 SPF sunscreen!!  Grant is a Nazi when it comes to sunscreen, so we had to snap his pic :)
 
 
Sunday we went to church and then went over to one of Grant's pharmacy school friend's apartment complex to grill out and play volleyball.  Sorry, I forgot to take pictures to document that it actually happened!
 
We had a fun, relaxing weekend leading up to a busy week this coming week.  On Tuesday we are going to see one of our favorite worship bands, Jesus Culture, in concert! Yay!  See you then :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment