Monday, May 6, 2013

Derby Weekend

The blog title makes you think we did something really excited for Derby weekend, but actually we didn't even watch!  I know, we're from Kentucky...horses don't just really do it for us.  Can I say that?  Anyways, we did have a fun weekend back in Kentucky hanging out with friends and family!

Remember how I said on my last blog that I wanted to add those pictures in case anything happened to my phone?  Well, I dropped it in the toilet...in a public restroom....at the park...terrible.  I let it sit in rice for a couple of nights and everything started working again except the music would not play and the flash light stayed on constantly.  I started to notice on Saturday that the battery was wearing down extremely fast, so I just upgraded to an iPhone 5!  Yay! (kind of worked out for me)  So now I'm in the process of transferring everything over...yuck!  So, we spent Saturday night at the mall with Kem and Ray doing a little shopping and getting my phone all in order.  Fun times.

Sunday we went to church and then drove to Paducah to eat and play tennis with Janet, Brandon, Jenna, and Allie.  We took Tucker along with us too.  We ate at the country club and then headed over to play tennis.  Tucker has just started playing and we had heard some pretty hilarious stories on his tennis skills, so we were excited to finally get out and play with him. We had five, so we split up teams and rotated around. Tucker wasn't as bad as we thought!  haha!

 Jenna and Tucker high-fiving!
 
 Allie, Jenna, and Tucker
 

 We all randomly decided to wear UK!
 
No caption needed.
 
After tennis, we headed back to Janet and Brandon's house to hang out for a bit and play a couple of games.  The girls also talked Brandon into getting a kitten on Saturday, that they named Squirrel, so we played with it too!
 

 
Squirrel wanted to play.
 
 
We finished up the weekend at the Gillespie's house for the high school small group, and then headed back to Nashville!  Another fun weekend in KY is in the books!
 
Grant has four finals this week, and then he is done with classroom school forever!!  YAY!  Next weekend the Mathis family will be traveling to Maryland to visit Courtney, George, and Clay and then on to Florida!  Can't wait :)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment