Tuesday, May 28, 2013

FLORIDA!

We just got home from a fabulous vacation to Florida this last week!  I have been looking forward to this week for a long time, and it didn't disappoint!  We got to stay in my grandparents condo for a few nights and then moved over to their house to finish out the week.  Curt and Lindsey came a long with us and provided us with lots of entertainment, laughs, and memories! 

After getting home around 2 am on Saturday night from the wedding, we went to bed and went and picked Curt and Lindsey up around 8 the next morning.  We were ready to get to the beach!  Luckily, we were traveling on a Sunday, so we didn't have any problems with traffic!  We spent the ride down talking, playing 20 questions, I'm going to a party, and anything else we could think of to pass the time.  We made it to Destin around 5ish that night, unpacked our bags, and headed to a nearby wing restaurant for a quick dinner.  We were all pretty worn out from all our travels.

View from our room on Sunday night.
 
I love running on the trails around Sandestin because I get this view!  It makes running a lot easier!
 
Of course everyday we spent at the beach and pool.  The weather was awesome!  No rain and hardly any clouds!  I came to the beach extremely white, so even with sunscreen I burned quite a bit on that first day.  My excuse was that I was using the spray sunscreen and the wind took it away while I was applying :)  I was just a tab bit blotchy and couldn't sleep on my left leg for a couple of days.  Whoops :)
 
Covering up my leg the next day.
 
 Beach Babes :)
 
 Ahhhhh.....
 
 We love the Beach!
 
 
 
One of our favorite things to do while we are there is eat, of course, and we ate at some great restaurants!
 
Monday - Dewey Destin Bay side
Tuesday - The Crab Trap
Wednesday - McGuire's
Thursday - The Red Bar
Friday - Graffiti
Saturday - Louis Louis
  
 Crab Trap
 
 Curt and Lindsey at The Crab Trap
 
 Dewey Destin
 
 Red Bar
 
 Thankful for good friends!
 
 Graffiti
 
 We met Anna and Christopher at Graffiti in the Wharf on Friday night.  Good times!
 
We had a great vacation!  It was great to have time off from work and spend time with Grant without school or anything else on the brain.  We are blessed that we got to spend it with some great friends and make fun memories. 
 
In addition to all of these cutesy photos above, we also got some pretty hilarious outtakes...that mostly involve Curt...
 

 
Thanks for the memories Florida!  Can't wait to see you again! :)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment