Monday, August 26, 2013

My BIRTHDAY

This weekend we spent celebrating the best day of the year...my birthday! :) 
 
After a slow week at work, I was so ready for Friday night to get here so that Grant and I could start the celebrations!  Once everyone got home and changed, we headed to Peter's Sushi for dinner...delish.  Afterwards we ran by TJ Maxx and got Kem and Ray's new puppy a few treats, before heading home and relaxing the rest of the night.  Great way to start the weekend and the birthday! 
 
Saturday morning we slept in and took our time getting ready before heading over to Green Hills.  I always like going to the Japanese Hibachi grills, so we decided to do lunch at the one there.  They had a great lunch special, and we were stuffed by the time we left!  We walked around the mall for a bit (I actually got some Christmas presents), went over to West Elm, and then headed to pick up my cake at Coldstone! 
 
I could write a whole post on how delish the cake was!  We had it custom made with cake batter ice cream, yellow cake, cookie dough, fudge, chocolate frosting, oreos, I mean...you just can't beat it!
 
Yummmmyyyy!!
 
Thanks Grant!

 
I don't even want to think about how much of this I ate this weekend!  Let's just say it's almost gone...whoopsie :)
 
Saturday night the Rams were playing the Broncos in their 3rd preseason game, so of course we couldn't miss that!  Perfect Saturday night though, with my cake, the Rams on TV, my pajamas, and Grant!
 
Sunday was my actual birthday, so the celebrations continued!  We went to church that morning, and then headed to Lori's apartment to hang out and swim.  At lunch on Friday we had gone to party city to try to find a theme for the swim party and our choices were...
 
Puppy dogs? or My little pony?
 
But, thankfully, we ended up with the fiesta theme instead.  It was a hit!
 
Lori, Jenny, and I
 
First time I've seen Grant with a mustache :) haha!
 
This year was actually the 10 year anniversary of Grant and I really starting to like each other. Ten years ago, we came to Nashville with a group of friends to celebrate my Sweet 16, got our first picture made together, and held hands for the first time :)  Who knew we would be celebrating my 26th together, married, and actually living in Nashville!
 
 This is the card that Grant gave me with some excellent drawings that he did of things about us.
 
Overall it was a great weekend celebrating my 26th year! 26?! Can't believe I am that old, but thankful for all my blessings so far, and can't wait to see what is still to come! Thanks to Grant for making the weekend so fun! 
 
Best part about the end of the weekend is that I am off Wed-Fri of this coming week! Yay! Then it's off to Ky to continue my birthday celebrations with the fam!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment