Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Fall Y'all

This past week I was able to take off Wed-Fri, so that meant I got to actually do some wifely duties around the house!  I was able to cook more time consuming dinners, go to the grocery, clean, workout, and all of those other little things that seem to get neglected when I am in full work mode.  It was fabulous!  The most important thing I got accomplished was decorating for fall!  Fall means football, pumpkins, leaves, and warm colors.  It's such a cozy time of year, and the decor makes our apartment feel so homey!  Even though it was blazing hot outside, it's never too early to bring out a  little fall cheer!  Usually I would do separate decorations for fall, football, and Halloween, but this year I decided to mix them all together so I can leave most of it up through Thanksgiving.  Mainly I am doing this blog post so that I can remember how I had everything placed for next year :)
 
 
I actually made this tablecloth!  Well, it was literally the easiest thing I've ever done!  I happened to be at Hobby Lobby, looking for some decor, and came across this burlap fabric.  I am all about the Chevron this season, so I knew I had to come up with an idea to use this somehow.  I had three yards cut and decided it would be the perfect tablecloth!  It fits right in with the fall/Halloween theme.  Three yards was a little much for my table, so I just cut it to make it the correct length, left the edges frayed, for the rustic look, and done!  I also had a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby, so it only cost me $10!  It could also be cut to make a cute runner for a longer/wider table.
 
I tried to keep the table Halloween themed and did the island with more of the football decor.  My mother-in-law found the burlap runner and let me borrow!
 
We love football at our house!
 
Shelves behind the table
 
Yay Pumpkins!
 
Another view of the table (ignore the bird)
 
Love this burlap pumpkin!  The other side says "Boo!" so I can turn it around when we get closer to Halloween!
 
More football decor!
 
I could get definitely get used to the stay-at-home life!  Hint, Hint, Wink, Wink...Grant :)
 
Happy Fall!
 
 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment