Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Breaking the News to Eco

On Monday of this week, I finally told my work that I would be leaving to move back to Kentucky at the end of the year.  We always knew we would move back, but didn't really know it could be this soon and what it would actually look like.  We are excited to say we will be back in the Bluegrass State as of January 1st!  Although I am so excited to get back to KY, I am really going to miss some things about Nashville.  The traffic...no.  The shopping and restaurants...yes!  (It will probably be a little culture shock when we move back to no Target and no Pei Wei) And I am for sure going to miss the people that I work with!
 
I was so nervous to tell Mack (Our VP) that it took me about an hour and a half to get the nerve up to actually send him a message asking if he had time to talk.  He said he had a meeting and we could meet after lunch, but his meeting got out early and he called me back within 30 min!  I didn't really have much time to be nervous at that point.  I had been praying all morning that I wouldn't be too nervous and would say all the things that I had rehearsed in my mind, and it worked!  Thank you, Jesus!  As soon as I walked in the door, I wasn't a bit nervous and my words actually flowed out pretty easily!  I let Mack know that we would be leaving at the end of the year, but that I would LOVE to stay on and continue working from home/come to the office when needed.  He was open to the idea and thanked me for letting him know so early so they could start to plan.
 
WHEW!  What a relief!  We are still working out the details and logistics, so nothing is final yet, but at the minimum he thought they would definitely want to keep me on through the audit.  Yay!  I think its going to all work out in the long run, and I am glad I can finally talk about it with my close friends at work and now here on the blog :)

We've got a few things in the works for when we move home for Grant, so we are still praying that the Lord will bless those opportunities if that is what he wants us to do.  What we do know for sure is that Grant will have the month of January off, to help finish up the move, and then will do his last three rotations in Paducah and Murray.
 
Lots of changes/exciting things coming to the Mathis family in the near future, and lots of questions still to be answered!  I am so glad we have finally made it to this point, after what feels like forever, and can start making some more definite plans!

After I got home...so relieved!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment