Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Walk to Emmaus

Wow!  What a great weekend I had!  I spent a full 72 hours doing nothing but worshipping the Lord, making new friends, and deepening my faith! 
 
A few months ago Kem approached Lisa and I with the idea to go on the Walk to Emmaus.  It is a 72 hour women's retreat that she had already participated in a loved it!  She was telling me how great it was, but I have to admit I was a little skeptical at first.  Anyone who knows Kemy knows she gets excited about little things (mt dew, dippin dots, etc) so I wasn't sure if this was another one of those things or if it really would be awesome! haha...sorry Kemy :)  After a few short hours, however, Lisa and I both knew it was going to be great!
 
I can't give away the full report, because some people reading this might go on the walk later, so here is the short abbreviated version.  I left work early on Thursday and headed to KY.  The retreat was at a camp not far from our hometown.  Thursday night we had the opening ceremonies, got settled into our cabin, and started getting to know each other.  Friday we were split into different tables of seven or so people.  These people made my weekend!  We had worship time and listened to several speakers throughout the day.  Some of the stories that we heard were just unreal!  The way God has worked in some of the women there was amazing!  It was so encouraging to see where they had been and where they are now.  Saturday we had a couple of special activities that really made us look at our faith and our Christian walk.  We had a couple more surprises on Sunday and then closing ceremonies that night.  We went pretty much nonstop and I was exhausted by the end of it!
 
My table was labeled Mary.  Best table ever!  We were all relatively around the same age, but we had all experienced so many different things in our lives.  We had dealt with things such as death, drugs, alcohol, disease, abuse, family problems, and questioning our faith.  After we started to get to know each other these girls were so easy to talk to!  It seemed like we had known each other forever!  I can't wait to hopefully get to meet back up, keep each other accountable, and catch up.
 
Candise, Karlye, Ashley, Me, Amy, Aimee, and Brittany - Table of Mary
 
The whole group!
 
I learned so much about myself and my faith this weekend.  I needed the revival!  One of the most uplifting parts of the weekend was seeing the amount of sacrifice, thought, and work that the people in charge put into the weekend.  It was crazy!  There were two women who stayed in room and literally prayed the whole 72 hours.  Someone brought them their meals and they took turns sleeping.  Someone was literally constantly in prayer for us the entire time we were there.  Thanks Kemy for sponsoring me and encouraging me to go! This weekend definitely opened my eyes and strengthened my faith.  God is good!!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment