Friday, November 22, 2013

Celebrating Landon

This time last year were some one of the hardest few days that Grant's family has ever had to go through.  Wednesday marked the one year anniversary of Landon going to be with Jesus.  It's so hard to believe it has already been a year, but it feels like its been an eternity in so many ways.  I will never forget the pain of that day.  Seeing a mother and father, brother and sister, grandparents, family, and friends say goodbye to a fun, loving, smart, 19 year old girl, was something I never imagined we would have to do.  As we gathered around her bed and Grant led a prayer before the hospital staff was going take her away, I couldn't help but question why in the world did we have to do this?  Why did God have to make Trent and Lisa suffer so much?  None of it made much sense.  The six months that she was in the hospital were a complete blur and the three months that Trent and Lisa lived with us is even fuzzier. 
 
Over the course of this last year, though, I can definitely see glimpses of God's plan in taking Landon.  It was her time, and he has used her to bring our family even closer to each other and to Him.  I've watch Trent and Lisa hold their family together by being strong and trusting God.  I've watched them grow spiritually throughout this year and be awesome examples of faith!  I've watch her brother and sister grow and mature to young adults.  It's brought a community together, and its reminded us that no matter what happens or what God's plan might be, we are never in it alone.
 
Although it is a sad time and something that I never want to have to go through again, I know God has a plan.  He always knows what he's doing.  If there is one thing I have learned in life so far, its that life isn't fair.  It just isn't.  That's why we have Jesus and the hope of one day spending eternity with him...without the pain, without the tears, and without worry.  We are one year closer to seeing Landon again, and one year closer to getting to spend eternity with Jesus and those that have already gone on.  I can't wait to be able to hug some of these people again!  Lisa posted the below on Facebook on Wednesday.  I wanted to put it on here so that people can see how awesome she is!  She's been through so much this past year, but she's made me look up to her even more!
 


 We love and miss you, Landon!  Can't wait to see you soon!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment