Monday, November 25, 2013

Nashville Flea Market

This weekend Grant and I stayed in Nashville and did a little looking around and shopping for the new house!  Friday night after work, we were both exhausted from a long week.  So, we grabbed a bite to eat at Pei Wei and then headed home to relax for the night!
 
Saturday morning we woke up and got ready to go to the Nashville Flea Market!  The Flea Market happens every fourth weekend, and surprisingly this was my first time to go!  We made it there around 9:00 and got to work!  Some of the booths reminded me of Tater Day (a fair in KY) but we ended up finding some really good things!  I've got a few projects going for the house (that sound good in my head, so I hope they turn out ok) and I was on the hunt to see if I could find anything to use.  I didn't realize the fair was so big and it was freezzziinnnggg, but it was worth the trip!
 
 
These old window panes and empty frames we found for two of my projects!
 
And this old door for another project! Grant's grandmother on his dad's side passed away a couple of years ago.  We were going through her barn and found an old door that I thought would be neat to fix up and put in our house somewhere.  I've got a project in my head for using three doors, so I need to find one more!
 
After the flea market, we headed to a few different stores to check out hardwood and compare prices.  We are going to redo the flooring in basically the entire downstairs, so we were just trying to get an idea of what all is out there.  We finished off the day eating at Carrabba's, because we had a gift card. Yummy!  Such a fun day shopping around town with Grant looking at things for our house!! 
 
Sunday morning we went to Church and were dismissed early to go to the grocery and buy whatever we could to help the hungry people around Nashville.  It was awesome to see the grocery stores full of people from church!  They loaded it up in UHauls and seeing some of the pictures throughout the day on Instagram, it looks like they collected a lot of food!!

 
We finished the weekend by laying on the couch, catching up around the house, wrapping some Christmas presents, and watching football!  Thank goodness it's a short week and we are headed to Kentucky on Wednesday night for Thanksgiving!
 
Happy Thanksgiving Week!


No comments:

Post a Comment