Sunday, March 16, 2014

Another Random Catch Up

We've been busy bees these last few days!  I've turned into a terrible blogger, so I'm having to revert to another random catch up!  My bad!!
 
This first week of March I headed back to Nashville for closing week at work.  Even though I was there for work, it was nice to be back in the city, do some shopping, and get to hang out with some of my very favorite people.  Grant was so jealous that I got to have dinner and hang out with Lindsey and Curt while I was there!  We had so much fun just catching up!  Hopefully we will get to see them again soon.  Missing our weekly meals with them has been one of the worst parts about leaving Nashville!
 
Me and my Nashvegas, BFF :)
 
We are STILL waiting on our hardwood (long story) so we haven't really been able to get much further with the house.  I am dying to start hanging stuff on the walls, but we can't really do that until we know where the furniture is for sure going to go! So frustrating, but hopefully it won't be too much longer.  We did inherit Trent and Lisa's Mini-Van for the past couple of weeks, while ours is getting repaired from hitting the deer.  Not only is the van super family friendly, it can haul off a bunch of trash!  Thanks Trent and Lisa :)
 
Carpet, empty boxes, scraps of wood...the mini does it all!
 
I have made a little more progress in the kitchen decorating department.  We have ordered a table and hutch that should be in in the next couple of weeks, and then we will be able to hang somethings on the walls and be ready for the blog transformation post!  Here are few updates that I made this week...


I finished off the little office area on the kitchen counter to keep our bills and invitations.  I'm always getting things in the mail that I want to keep and remember, but I hate having them clutter up my counter tops.  I found this little mailbox envelope thingy at Target and it works perfect!
 
Recipe books above the office nook!
 
We've had a couple of really awesome weather days lately.  Grant got off of his rotation a little early one day and we hit up the walking trails at the park and tried to get a little sun.  Fun times relaxing and soaking up the spring warmth!

 
Our high school girls basketball team made it to the state tournament, so Tuesday and Wednesday we made trips to Bowling Green to cheer them on!
 
Tucker and I living it up in the Suite he snuck us into :)
 
We ended up losing the second game, but making it to the Elite 8 was awesome!
 
We spent some time with Megan, Tyler, and Monroe on Saturday night and again Sunday afternoon. 
Monroe loved the Mexican restaurant!
 
And he helped us cheer the Cats on the SEC Finals!  Isn't he the cutest in his UK gear?!
 
Grant has been working extra hours this rotation so that he could have the last week off and we are headed to Florida! Whoo hoo!  I've got to somehow dig out my summer clothes and bathing suits from the trash bags they are in in the garage, but I'm ready for a vacation!  We are leaving Friday, so hopefully we can just make it through this week! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment