Monday, March 31, 2014

Florida

This last week Grant and I took a break from rotations, work, and house to head to Florida!!  Grant was able to work extra hours during the first three weeks of his rotation so that he could have the last week off!  We headed down on Friday night ready for sun and relaxation.
 
The weather wasn't all that great the whole week.  I think I only wore my bathing suit about three times and took my cover up off once.  However, I haven't seen the sun in who knows how long, so I still somehow managed to get a good burn going after the first day.  It rained a couple days and we had 20 mph winds a couple days, so there was plenty of relaxation time!  I read through almost the entire Divergent series (very good!) while we were there.  We haven't had cable at our house since the hardwood hasn't been laid, so it was luxury to be able to get up in the morning and turn on the TV!  We slept in, worked out, read books, shopped a little, went to the movies, ate well, watched the NCAA tournament, and got a little sun!  It was perfect!!
 
My grandparents came down to their house on Monday, so we went to dinner with them on Tuesday night and then grilled on Friday night and watched the Cats play.  I think Grant and I have almost had about 15 heart attacks this last week watching them in NCAA tournament.  It has been SO exciting!!  We are now onto the Final Four!! Whoo hoo!!!  And Grant won $180 in the bracket pool he was in! Bonus!
 
I didn't take very many pictures, since it was just the two of us, but I snapped a couple a long the way!
 
View from the beach on the first day we were there...ahhhhh
 

I did all of our packing this year. lol!  Grant had no idea why two people needed so much stuff :)
 
Coffee and Cable made for some happy people in the mornings!
 
This is the view from my grandparents condo.  LOVE!  This was one of the pretty days!
 
And this this is what happens when you don't wear sunscreen on the above pretty day...whoops!
 

Before dinner one night.  We thought we pulled off the mirror, peace sign, selfie pretty well! Ha!
 
Lots of time for silliness!

Rene and I ready for the game in our UK Blue!
 
 We went down to the pool on Saturday for a bit before we headed back to reality.  Of course it was beautiful!!
 

While we were gone we got the call the our hardwood CAME IN!!!  Hallelujah!  We spent Sunday getting everything ready so that Ray could start on it early this week.  We had to clean the dust off of all our furniture and get everything out of the living room and bedroom.  We laid the mattress out so that I could vacuum it off, and I couldn't help but lay on it!  It's been almost four months since we have gotten to sleep in our bed!  It was heavenly just to lay there for a minute!  So happy that we can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.  Once the hardwood goes in this week, then we will be able to move all of our furniture in, organize or clothes, get cable, and really start to settle in!
 
CAN'T WAIT!
 
We had a great week relaxing in Florida, but now its back to normal.  Grant starts his LAST rotation tomorrow, and I am in Nashville this week for my LAST closing week at work.  I can't believe it is already April!   
 
 


2 comments:

  1. How is it already April and the boys are starting their last rotation!! And you are doing your last close!! CRAZY!! Can't wait to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! It's crazy!! Can't wait to see you either :)

      Delete