Friday, May 16, 2014

DR MATHIS - Friday Edition

We FINALLY made it to graduation!!  I remember we when first walked into Lipscomb for Grant's initial interview we were able to meet some of the P3's and P4's.  When we left, we got in the car and talked about how LONG that seemed before we would get there.  2014?? That's so far away!  Now that we made it, I can't believe how fast it actually went by.  I am SO PROUD of Grant!  It is so weird to think that when he and I first started dating we had no idea what our life would look like at this point much less what we would be when we "grew up."  I might have shed a few tears thinking about the fact that I am just so proud of the man Grant has/is growing into! I am so thankful that God blessed me with a husband who has always strived to be a provider and is great with people!  He is going to be an awesome Pharmacist!!
 
Friday was the first ceremony with just the Pharmacy school.  It was a long two hours, but it was neat to see it from the Pharmacy school perspective so that they could make it a little more personal.  My Mom and Dan, Gran and Poppa, Kem and Ray, Courtney, George, and Clay, and myself were all there to support the graduate!  Grant received his hood, and then after the ceremony we all went to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate one day down!
 
 
We have this exact same picture with Gran and Poppa four years ago at the white coat ceremony!
 
George, Courtney, and Clay
 
The whole Friday Clan!
 
The crew!  We are going to miss these people!!
 
Walking across the stage.
 
The boys!
 
After lunch, we drove Courtney and George around Nashville for a bit.  They met in Mortuary school in Nashville and were celebrating their 10 year anniversary that weekend, so we took them on a trip down memory lane :)  Later that night we met up with Courtney's best friend from Nashville, Amanda, and went to eat at Local Taco in Brentwood.  It was a great day - and we got to do it all over again the next day! Who hoo!
 
This is Grant's white coat ceremony four years ago!  I told him Pharmacy school has DEFINITELY aged him! haha!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment