Monday, May 19, 2014

Grant's Surprise Pharmacy School Graduation Party

I had been planning a surprise party for Grant's graduation for a few months and was SO happy that it was finally time!  I am terrible liar, like I usually want to tell him his Christmas presents as soon as I buy them, and I might have been known to unwrap presents under the tree and then re-wrap them! :)  So, keeping a secret for multiple months really tested my patience!  I saw an idea for an invitation from this blog and knew I had to do something similar for Grant's!  She had the template for the labels available, so I changed the info to Grant's and ordered some pill bottles off of eBay.
 
 

I made my own invitations in Publisher, had them printed and cut at Staples, filled the bottles with Mike and Ike's (to look like pills) and then they were ready to send out!
 
 
With so many family members in town already for the Saturday graduation, it was a miracle we pulled off the surprise without anyone spilling the beans!  There were several slip ups, but luckily Grant didn't catch on!  We arrived at Puckett's Grocery downtown and the whole place erupted in surprise!  I thought Grant might pass out from shock!  It was hysterical!  I had a cake made at Nashville Sweets to look like the invitations.  It turned out awesome!!
 

So cute!  And Delicious!!
 


 Best picture of the whole weekend!! So funny!  If you know Jeff, you know he isn't a hugger - much less a kisser!!
 
 
 After dinner we went to the Franklin Family Entertainment Center and played mini bowling.  It was a great way to finish off the weekend, and we were so happy to be able to celebrate with all our friends and family!
 
Trent made us a huge tournament bracket that ended with Dax and I in the finals.  Unfortunately, Dax beat me!  Grrrr
 
The surprise party was a hit and I am so glad its finally over and I can talk about it!! Yay!  Thanks to all of our friends and family to driving to Nashville and for all of your support over the last four years of Pharmacy school.  We love you!!
 
 
 
 

1 comment: