Thursday, May 22, 2014

Kelly's 40th Surprise Birthday Party

Last weekend we had a surprise 40th birthday party for Kelly.  Kelly is Grant's aunt!  Her husband, Jason, had the bright idea for the party, but needed quite a bit of help getting it together :)  I worked all week on a few projects, made a few trips to Paducah to get supplies, and it all turned out great!
 
We got to the venue around 2:30 on Saturday afternoon to get things all set up and decorated.  I had made a 40 out of pictures of Kelly and thought I would use fishing wire to hang it from the ceiling.  We didn't have any scissors to make a hole in the top, so I had to improvise with a knife.  Not. a. good. idea.  I sliced my finger wide open!  Blood was everywhere!  Luckily Grant was there to catch my blood and keep pressure on it.  I thought I lost my finger (not really) but gave it a pretty deep cut!  It was traumatic!!
 
 Wincing through the pain!
 
Kelly thought she was going to someone else's surprise party, and her birthday is actually still a couple weeks away, so she was super surprised that it was for her!
 
 Cake table!  I made the 40 out of cardboard that we had from moving, the garland from ribbon, and I made the background out of paper plates.
 
 I snuck into their house while Kelly was at work and found all of the terrible pictures that I could find of her and blew them up on a copier machine to hang all on the walls.  We came up with funny phrases about being 40 to write on each one.  They were hysterical!
 
 For the centerpieces we did dead twigs and plants that Kem spray painted black, and put them in mason jars wrapped in depend diapers!
 
 We were afraid we wouldn't have enough food, but we ended up having a ton!!
 
 More décor!
 
 Kelly modeled her depends for us!  Kem gave her some boob lifters, so she modeled those as well! Ha!
 
Hysterical!
 
The surprise party was a hit!
Happy 40th Birthday Kelly!  We love you!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment