Thursday, July 17, 2014

House Update: Kitchen and Dining Room

I finally have the kitchen and dining done and put together (for now) so I thought I would go ahead and share the transformation on the blog!  It has taken a long time to get things the way I wanted, but everything is almost complete now!  We go through stages where we get a ton done, and then we get busy and take some time off.  Plus, I am so indecisive when it comes to putting nails in our freshly painted walls!
 
Welcome to our kitchen the night we closed on our house!
 
 No need to discuss the terrible flooring, wallpaper, chandelier, ceiling fan, etc...
This is the view if you are turning in from the front door.
 
 View from the island.
 
 This kind of makes me sick to see these pictures again!  It's reminding me of all the work we did for weeks!! Yuck!!
 
 Ray and Grant first ripped out the wood flooring and Kem and I got to work stripping off all of the wallpaper.
 
Once all of the flooring was gone, Ray and Grant started on the tiling.  They wanted to kill me and each other after this project was done.  We tiled A LOT!
 
 This was probably after we cleaned the tile for the 2,000th time!
 
 Tile work done!  Ray and Grant did a GREAT job!  We changed out the light fixture above the table and painted the walls the same color that is in the living room and entry hall.
 
This table is now in the living room, but we didn't have wood floors for about three months, or a kitchen table so it stayed in the dining room for a while!
 
After cleaning layers of scum off the cabinets, replacing the floors, replacing the baseboards, stripping wallpaper, painting the walls and trim, replacing the lights in both rooms, purchasing a new table and hutch, and putting on my decorating touch...
 
Welcome to the new Kitchen and Dining Room!
(I was having a little trouble with my lighting in these pics)
 


 
The little black table under the canvas was Grant's great-grandmothers!
 



 
 
I love the way the kitchen and dining turned out, and it has so far been one of the rooms that we use the most!  We have already spent lots of nights talking and playing cards with friends and family at our new table, and I can't wait to keep making memories in these rooms :)
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment